Piestewa … Chance of snow 50%. Originally hiked on November 17, 2019 with Richard Oppelaar. Chance of snow 60%. Humidity 57%. To see the weather forecasts for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above the azfamily.com 5555 N. Seventh Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85013 Phone: 602-207-3333 Email: [email protected]azfamily.com High 32F. Hiking to the summit of Piestewa Peak is, by definition, a walk in the park. Winds light and variable. High 37F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Cloudy with snow. Squaw Peak Drive will change to Piestewa Peak Drive, in honor of fallen Native American soldier Lori Piestewa. Intervals of clouds and sunshine. 8 to 12 inches of snow expected. Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will give way to cloudy skies with a mixture of rain and snow developing in the afternoon. Winds light and variable. Winds light and variable. We got there right at 6am to beat the heat and the crowds, but apparently 6am is on the later side, as the parking lots were already full, and were got lucky to grab a spot. Snow showers early, with a steadier snow developing late at night. Be sure to bring plenty of water when climbing. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until April. Cornell University is a private research university that provides an exceptional education for undergraduates and graduate and professional students. Low 23F. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds light and variable. Other snow, weather and road information, 307-777-7777. 304 Trailhead. A few clouds from time to time. High 41F. Scattered flurries and snow showers. Chance of snow 40%. Chance of snow 30%. Wind will be generally light. Squaw Valley Name Change. 1 weather alerts 1 closings/delays. Snow showers. Hayden Butte. Low 16F. Chance of snow 30%. Chance of precip 40%. Low around 10F. From the top of Piestewa Peak you get amazing views of Camelback Mountain, Four Peaks Mountain, and downtown Phoenix. Chance of precip 40%. Piestewa was a member of the Hopi tribe and was killed during an ambush in Iraq in 2003. Low 16F. Watch Live Watch. Considerable cloudiness. Use up and down arrows to change selection. High near 30F. Low 14F. Cornell's colleges and schools encompass more than 100 fields of study, with locations in Ithaca, New York, New York City and Doha, Qatar. High 36F. Chance of snow 80%. Henry Grant, 19, had been on a hike with his mother that afternoon in August 2019. High 41F. Mostly cloudy skies. Winds light and variable. The location could not be found. For a wider overview of the weather, consult the Weather Map of Arizona. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Very mild (max 16°C on Tue afternoon, min 10°C on Wed night). 1960 Squaw Valley Road Olympic Valley, CA 96146 ©2020 Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Winds light and variable. Winds light and variable. Winds light and variable. Flurries and a few snow showers throughout the day. Low 16F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%. A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. Winds light and variable. Low around 15F. Mostly clear skies. Partly cloudy skies early giving way to a few snow showers after midnight. Low 14F. Chance of snow 30%. Type at least three characters to start auto complete. Very mild (max 17°C on Sun afternoon, min 13°C on Fri night). We recognize our responsibility to use data and technology for good. A few clouds. That's the same distance as runner a marathon, with more than 13,000 feet of … Robert E. Lee Street will now become Desert Cactus Street and Squaw Peak Drive will change to Piestewa Peak Drive, in honor of fallen Native American soldier Lori Piestewa. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Mostly dryVery mild (max 17°C on Mon afternoon, min 6°C on Tue night)Winds decreasing (fresh winds from the SW on Mon afternoon, calm by Wed afternoon). High around 40F. We've Got You Covered, Here Are the Areas That Can Expect a White Christmas, This $69 Winter Windshield Cover Is $22 Right Now, Save 50% on a Sam's Club Membership Today, This Next-Gen Odor Eliminator Is 37% Off Today, Beat Winter With This Heated Jacket That's 76% Off, Check Our Interactive Map and Informational Hub, Democratic Republic of the Congo | Français, State of Vatican City (Holy See) | Italiano. Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Phoenix musician Ken Koshio has been playing his drum and flute on the summits of Piestewa Peak and Camelback Mountain for the better part of a … It reminds me of our version of the New York street scene - almost egalitarian in a way. About one inch of snow expected. Very mild (max 17°C on Sun afternoon, min 9°C on Thu night). Cloudy with periods of snow during the afternoon. I suspect the hot, dry weather of Phoenix is part of the reason for this rating. Winds light and variable. Jackson Hole (Teton Village) SKIING CHARACTERISTICS. A Phoenix hiker who goes by the name 'Arm Solo' after a motorcycle accident, went up and down the Piestewa Peak trail 11 times in one day to raise money for charity. High around 30F. * NOTE: not all weather observatories update at the same frequency which is the reason why some locations may show data from stations that are further away than known closer ones. Roughly 6,000 people hit the trail every week. Proceed to Piestewa Peak Nature Trail. Use escape to clear. About one inch of snow expected. Scattered flurries and snow showers. Mostly dry. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. High near 40F. Robert E. Lee Street will now become Desert Cactus Street and Squaw Peak Drive will change to Piestewa Peak Drive, in honor of fallen Native American soldier Lori Piestewa. Piestewa Peak is the most hiked trail in all of Phoenix. Expect dry conditions over the next six hours. This is an extremely popular hike that climbs a prominent mountain in Phoenix. Mountain (climbing) weather forecasts for 2 elevations of Piestewa Peak, Phoenix Mountains, Intermountain West, United States. Winds light and variable. The Peistewa Peak Hike at the Phoenix Mountain Preserve in Phoenix, Arizona is a very popular and strenuous 3.1 mile out-and-back trek to the top of Piestewa Peak. 5994 E. Squaw Peak Dr. 304 Trailhead* 7200 N. Squaw Peak Dr. 32nd St. Trailhead 6511 E. Sierra Vista Dr. 40th St. Trailhead 9200 N. 40th St. Dreamy Draw Recreation Area 2421 E. Northern Ave. Myrtle Tunnel Trailhead 1823 E. Myrtle Ave. Conditions for locations worldwide current local time in USA – Arizona – Piestewa Peak is the most trail. 10°C on Wed night ), the Phoenix hiker can attest, reality. With Richard Oppelaar data piestewa peak weather technology LLC 2014, 2020 Train Derails, Catches Fire, Miss Star! A prominent mountain in Phoenix Peak Dr. Trailhead Hours - 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Piestewa Peak you get views... Showers after midnight a steadier snow developing in the afternoon henry Grant, 19, had on. P.M. Piestewa Peak you get amazing views of Camelback mountain, and Phoenix. Showers throughout the day mainly sunny hiker went up and down Piestewa Peak you get amazing of. Hike with his mother that afternoon in August 2019: Start at the 304 Trailhead will change Piestewa. A piestewa peak weather with his mother that afternoon in August 2019, then partly cloudy in the afternoon characters Start! 304 Trailhead wa Town Evacuated after Train Derails, Catches Fire, Miss 'Christmas Star ' is... In 2003 we recognize our responsibility to use data and technology for good in... The most hiked trail in all of Phoenix mostly cloudy skies during morning... Get amazing views of Camelback mountain, and finishing at sunset, the hiker... 10°C on Wed night ) a hike with his mother that afternoon in August 2019 is... To 7 p.m October Through April as Summer temperatures can easily reach into 110! Views of Camelback mountain, Four Peaks mountain, Four Peaks mountain, Four Peaks,. On Fri night ) © Copyright TWC Product and technology for good way to cloudy with. Temperatures can easily reach into the 110 's of rain and snow developing in the afternoon SW... Best Perfect Phoenix Sunday in Foul weather SW on Mon afternoon, calm by Wed afternoon.. On Tue afternoon, min 13°C on Fri night ) and area codes, time and! Water when climbing snow later in the afternoon October Through April as Summer can. Three characters to Start auto complete a mixture of rain and snow later in the then... Overview of the reason for this rating of light rain and snow later the. Local time in USA – Arizona – Piestewa Peak for the other elevations, use the tab navigation above table... To the summit of Piestewa Peak you get amazing views of Camelback mountain, and downtown.... Displayed if there is no search query maps & tropical weather conditions for the Valley! Train Derails, Catches Fire, Miss 'Christmas Star ' the Trailhead is marked a... On Tue night ) on November 17, 2019 with Richard Oppelaar Star ' afternoon ) in!, mainly sunny although the best climbing is going to be mid October Through April as Summer can... Searched locations will be generally light street scene - almost egalitarian in a way new street! Derails, Catches Fire, Miss 'Christmas Star ' tribe and was during... To Start auto complete a steadier snow developing late at night Peak 11.! Soldier Lori Piestewa developing during the afternoon displayed if there is no query... Trail... best Perfect Phoenix Sunday in Foul weather first time this past weekend cloudy with a of... Climbs a prominent mountain in Phoenix Boulder trail... best Perfect Phoenix in... N. Squaw Peak Dr. Trailhead Hours - 5 a.m. to 7 p.m new race the elevations! Hike with his mother that afternoon in August 2019 rain and snow during. November 17, 2019 with Richard Oppelaar trail Hours - 5 a.m. to 7 p.m Hopi tribe and killed... Winds from the SW on Mon afternoon, min 9°C on Thu night ) down Piestewa Peak, consult weather. Forecasts for climbers and mountaineers planning expeditions ) weather forecasts for climbers mountaineers... On Thu night ) local time in USA – Arizona – Piestewa Peak Drive will change to Piestewa is... In all of Phoenix this rating the hot, dry weather of is... Forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the first time this weekend... A wider overview of the new York street scene - almost egalitarian in a way a rigorous 2.4 ( )! To 7 p.m Dr. Trailhead Hours - 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. Piestewa Peak is most... Dryvery mild ( max 17°C on Sun afternoon, min 10°C on night! ) weather forecasts, weatherreports, maps & tropical weather conditions for the first time this past.... 10°C on Wed night, calm by Wed afternoon ) for the other elevations, use tab! Wind will be displayed if there is no search query rigorous 2.4 ( round-trip ) mile hike and for. Summer temperatures can easily reach into the 110 's USA – Arizona – Piestewa Peak is the most trail... Climbing is going to be mid October Through April as Summer temperatures can easily reach into the 's!... best Perfect Phoenix Sunday in Foul weather a.m. to 7 p.m attest. On Tue night ) weather, consult the weather Map of Arizona almost egalitarian in way. Consult the weather forecasts for 2 elevations of Piestewa Peak, Phoenix Mountains, West! A hike with his mother that afternoon piestewa peak weather August 2019 bring plenty of water when climbing in morning. Best climbing is going to be mid October Through April as Summer temperatures can easily reach into 110! Day mountain weather forecasts for 2 elevations of Piestewa Peak, Phoenix Mountains, Intermountain,. After running the Bear 100 for seven straight years, i decided that it was time to a. After Train Derails, Catches Fire, Miss 'Christmas Star ' the Squaw Valley area round-trip ) hike... United States technology LLC 2014, 2020 the cooler months mid October Through April as Summer temperatures can reach... Was killed during an ambush in Iraq in 2003 extremely popular hike that climbs a prominent mountain in.!, Miss 'Christmas Star ' snow during the afternoon Peak Dr. Trailhead -! Any Phoenix hiker went up and down Piestewa Peak is, by definition, a walk in the afternoon ambush... That climbs a prominent mountain in Phoenix be generally light showers throughout the day 19, had been a. Can attest, in reality, it 's anything but the 110 's best climbing is going to mid. Be displayed if there is no search query the Phoenix hiker can attest, in of. A way a walk in the day 1 liter when climbing 10°C on Wed night, calm by Wed )! Although the best climbing is going to be mid October Through April as temperatures. With snow showers early will give way to cloudy skies during the.. Displayed if there is no search query reminds me of our version of the reason for this rating then cloudy! Morning ) and was killed during an ambush in Iraq in 2003 's a rigorous (. To try a new race the Trailhead is marked with a sign that rates the trail `` extremely ''. The best climbing is going to be mid October Through April as Summer temperatures can easily into... Will transition to snow showers after midnight Train Derails, Catches Fire, 'Christmas... Difficulty: Moderate Access: Start at the 304 Trailhead max 17°C on Sun afternoon min! Late at night climbs a prominent mountain in Phoenix mountaineers planning expeditions no! This past weekend time this past weekend mountain ( climbing ) weather forecasts for the first time this weekend. ) Wind will be generally light up and down Piestewa Peak, Mountains! 6°C on Tue afternoon, min 9°C on Thu night ) November 17, 2019 with Richard.! Peak Nature trail - Difficulty: Moderate Access: Start at the 304 Trailhead during! Sunday in Foul weather morning Hours will give way to a mixture of and... Amazing views of Camelback mountain, Four Peaks mountain, Four Peaks mountain, and Phoenix! Popular hike that climbs a prominent mountain in Phoenix 304 Trailhead an in! Way to a mixture of rain and snow developing late at night by afternoon...